monitorApp is an application which displays useful information about your computer. The screenshot should give you a good idea of what to expect.
The key points to note are that its transparent, you can pick which items to display and you can change the colours. There's a right-click menu to control everything which should be self-explanatory, so all you really need to do is download it and fire it up.
- You can move the monitorApp display around by left-clicking on it and dragging it.
- Click through is enabled so your best bet is to click on one of the bar-graph areas when moving the display or accessing the menu. If the graphs are disabled a small block is added to the display so there's something to click on.
- The locked menu option prevents you from moving monitorApp.
- monitorApp configuration is saved in an ini file. You can open this file by holding down the CTRL key while bringing up the menu. An Ini File... entry will then appear on the Options submenu.
- You can change the separator used by menuApp (the display character between the description and the value). When you first run monitorApp the separator is an "=". This appears in the ini file in the Options section. To change it simply open the ini file and replace the separator with your chosen value (up to 8 characters long).
- Double clicking on the graphs will (sometimes) launch related applications. Try the disk and CPU graphs.